Categorías

29 ene 2010

a little bio

Monica at her studio at Flamin' Artichoke. NZ 
I was born in Barcelona, Spain. I studied Illustration there at the School of Applied Arts and Design Llotja. Since then I have been designing and illustrating books, brochures, posters, magazines, t-shirts, etc. I am also the author of two animated cartoon series that have been broadcast in a number of countries: Pipsqueak's planet and Pipsqueak plays sport.



I was teaching animation in Escola Massana Art and Design Centre in Barcelona, and illustration and painting in community centres from 2000 to 2005.

In 2005, I decided to change my life a bit and move to Australia. After a while in Melbourne I ended up in New Zealand where I spent the last four years. There, I was one of the founders of Flamin' Artichoke Studio Gallery in Featherston, and I was working as a relief tutor in King St. Artworks in Masterton. In 2010 I spent six months in Australia where I learnt to make ferrocement sculptures. 



I love showing my works in usual and unusual places and I have exhibited them in more than one hundred shows (group and solos) in Europe and NZ. In Wellington I have exhibited at ROAR! Gallery (Drawing Parallels, Bezar-Bezar, Where there is Hair there is Joy, OFF to Aussie), De Luxe Cafe (February 2008 and May 2008), Manky Chops, Lala (February to April 2009) and Pranah (August 2009). In Wairarapa I have exhibited in Greytown Arts Festival 2010, OFF THE WALL 2009, Aratoi Museum (Reviews), Gallery 21 Masterton, and Flamin' Artichoke.


At the moment I am back in Barcelona, I'll keep you informed.
Cheers


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario